Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Here We Go

I love celebrating Labor Day. But no matter how much fun I have during the long weekend, it's always peppered with a twinge of sadness because I know that summer is drawing to a close. Every year I hope that the warm weather will stretch out until at least mid-October, so I can get some more lake time in. For a few weeks, the weather goes along with me, then suddenly the leaves begin falling and cooler weather arrives. Inevitably, my husband winterizes the boat, and we begin dreaming about next summer.

This past weekend I celebrated the holiday at two lakes (Lake Norman and Lake Tillery just east of here). Both delivered the relaxation I needed. What did you do to celebrate Labor Day Weekend? Did you venture to Charlotte to take in the DNC festivities? Did you grill hamburgers with friends? Did you take in Labor Day sales at the mall? Did you hang out at the sand bar? We want to hear how you like to wind down at the end of the summer.

Warm wishes,

Lori K. Tate
Editor, CURRENTS Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment